How we Communicate with Parents
Each class has a class dojo account, when your child starts school, they should receive a letter detailing how to download, join and set up your Class Dojo account.
We are currently using class dojo as a way of communicating with parents rather than its original use of reward points. Teachers will use dojo to inform parents of any class notices or send pictures of class learning going on.
You can also message your teachers through class dojo. With regard to messaging, we would just like to clarify how to use them:
- Message your child’s teacher if you want to share something positive from home or congratulate your child on something they have done in school
- Message your child’s teacher if you have a small query or would like to find out something simple
- Message on Class Dojo to ask the teacher if you could arrange to see them
- You can use Class Dojo for any general day to day communication
- Message your child’s teacher on Class Dojo if your child has any minor worries, for example:
- My child didn’t quite understand his Maths work today; could you speak to him about it please?
- My child thinks she has lost her reading record book in school, could you help her find it please?
- Message your child’s teacher to notify them of absences or illnesses – this should be done via the school office as normal
- Message your class teacher to book children on to the after school club or inform them if there has been a change to who is collecting-this should be done via the school office
- Use Class Dojo to message about any urgent or serious issues; please use the school office and normal school procedures for this
Teachers will always endeavour to reply as quickly as possible. However, please bear in mind that school life can be incredibly busy and whilst every effort will be made to reply or acknowledge messages, there may be a slight delay on occasion. Although some teachers might, please do not expect a reply to any messages sent after 5:30pm or over the weekend as teachers will not be able to reply.
We hope this clarifies any questions you may have.