Music inspires creativity. Children are encouraged to develop a love of music and nurture their talent as musicians.
Our schemes of work for Music are taken from the Lancashire Music Service, Charanga. As pupils progress, we aim to develop a critical engagement with music, allowing them to compose, listen and appraise. We aim to increase their self-confidence, creativity and sense of achievement.
Please see our Music policy below for more details.
Links to SMSC
· Use of music from different cultures to listen and appraise.
· Opportunities to learn about the origins of different genres of music and to compare genres.
· Enabling pupils to understand and engage with the feelings and values embodied in different genres of music.
· Listening to a range of music, including music with different tempos etc., and discussing how the pieces of music make pupils feel and why.
· Developing confidence and expertise in singing and playing instruments, including improvising and composing, in order to develop individualism and identity.
· Working in small groups enabling pupils to develop social skills such as teamwork, collaboration and turn taking.
· Opportunities to take part in rehearsals and performances such as Young Voices.
· Visits from musical experts to help teach music and also to showcase music.
· Use of films/clips to enhance teaching and understanding of music and performance.
· Help pupils to understand how much changes over time, the influences on music and social attitudes to different genres.