Rossendale Sport Partnership
Our desire is to offer a clear vision which will support an effective and ‘best value’ us of this funding, based around 4 key areas; Physical Education, Health and Well Being, Coaching and Competitive School Sport. The Rossendale School Sport Partnership Programme offers a comprehensive PE and School Sport Programme which will impact on PE teaching and learning, as well as meeting the OFSTED Primary PE and Sports Premium expenditure criteria.
Partnership schools receive the following services as part of their membership for 2016/17:
- Full time support of School Games Organiser
- School Sport Coaching Programme, schools receive 20 hours of coaching across 10 different sports; athletics, basketball, cricket, football, handball, tri-golf, badminton, table tennis, netball and rugby all leading to level 2 School Games competitions.
- All schools encouraged to organise Level 1 competitions to qualify for School Games Level 2 competitions
- Bespoke Competition Calendar for Yr 3/4 and 5/6 children with links to the Lancashire School Games.
- Priority access to Bikeability funding and loan of fully services bikes and helmets, to deliver to over 300 pupils.
- CPD package through Lancashire County Council, teacher training working on the Lancashire Scheme of Work to develop curriculum PE.
- Access to additional programmes such as Change4life training for staff and free change4life equipment for individual schools
- Loan of sports equipment
- Partnership working with Rossendale Leisure Trust, NGB’s, County Sport Partnership, local boroughs and sport clubs
- Further supports and advice on remaining sports premium brokerage with external providers to get ‘best value’ for partnership schools.